Top Five Causes of Headaches!
Top Five causes of headaches due to household things:
1) Aged cheese: because of the substance tyramine. The older the cheese is, the more tyramine it contains. If you suffer from this, WebMD suggests avoiding blue cheese, brie, feta, and Swiss.
2) Alcohol: this one is easy. Preservatives within alcohol called sulfites can trigger headaches. Alcohol increases blood flow to the brain and also cause dehydration.
3) Preservatives in processed meats. ex) MSG, nitrates and nitrites.
4) Bananas: they also contain tyramine. But there is more in the peel than the actual fruit, so avoid the stringy parts of the banana.
5) Nuts: much like aged cheese and bananas they contain tyramine.
Four things to help with headaches:
1) Caffeine. The jury is still out and there isn't much to support this but if you're having caffeine withdrawal then a cup of Joe might help.
2) Omega-3s: headaches that are caused by inflammation can be reduced with a diet rich of Omega 3s.
3) Watermelon: most headaches are caused by dehydration. Fruits and vegetables like cucumbers, tomatoes and watermelon help with hydration.
4) Spinach: Popeye was on to something. Riboflavin in green vegetables has been linked to preventing migraines.
Article Added: 2012-04-03
Rate this topic: